About The School
The School was founded in 1953 by Miss Barth at 18 Lee Road, Kolkata. In 1970, under West Bengal Society’s Regulation Act, Calcutta International School was formed. In 2006, CIS shifted to its sprawling new campus at Anandapur, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, Kolkata. Originally a small institution exclusively for the children of the expatriate British community, the school evolved to become a highly reputed institution providing academic and extra mural education under Miss Barth. She was decorated with an OBE for her relentless dedication to the institution. To help the teachers and the management do an effective job in Calcutta International School Society, it is run by a Board of Governors who are elected from the parents of current students of the school. They value add in making policy decisions as well as help in the implementation and review processes.
candidates have to qualify the written admission test in Mathematics and English
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Smart class
- Educational tours