About the best boarding schools in Shimla
Shimla is one of the capitals of Himachal Pradesh and is part of the Himalayan areas. The city is a leading tourist destination in India with pleasant weather and friendly people. Tourists around the world commute here due to its excellent climate. Most boarding schools prefer this place for countless reasons, like climate and peaceful environment. They have a great reputation because of their history of imparting quality education.
The boarding schools have high efficiency in education and infrastructure. History proved that the education students experience in Shimla is internationally standard and has no match in the state. If you are a parent who wants your child to be independent, self-reliant, and creative, the best boarding schools in Shimla are the finest choice. Schools arrange spacious classes, smart classes, libraries, auditoriums, hostels, swimming pools, and space for outside games and activities.
What Boards boarding schools follow in Shimla?
1. CBSE: The Central Board of Secondary Education is considered the national board in India that prepares curriculum and conducts examinations for secondary and senior secondary schools. It is a popular board in India and some other countries.
2. ICSE & ISC: The ICSE (10th standard) stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education, and ISC (12th standard) is an Indian School Certificate. The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) emphasises English education as part of the policy.
3. IGCSE: It stands for International General Certificate of Secondary Education. IGCSE is a British secondary curriculum that prepares students for standard education around the world.
4. IB: It stands for International Baccalaureate, a curriculum that provides challenging education worldwide. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for 3-12 children, the Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for students 11-16, and the Diploma Program (DP) is for 16-19 years.
Types of boarding schools found in Shimla
1. Boy's boarding schools Boys boarding schools provide a structured education for male students. Students reside in an environment to be better focused, gain values and promote a holistic learning experience and lifelong friendships. For those who prefer single-gender schools for boys, these boarding schools are the most excellent choice.
2. Girls boarding schools Girls Boarding schools are educational contexts exclusively for female students. These institutions elevate a sense of independence, leadership skills, and friendship and provide comprehensive academic and extracurricular activities.
3. Co-educational boarding schools It is a boarding school that offers a holistic educational experience for both boys and girls, promoting diversity and social interaction. They administer a structured environment for academics and personal growth with students residing on campus. Mixed schools are found where gender equality is highly promoted, preparing them for a bright future.
4. Military boarding schools: It is boarding contributing education only for military personnel children. These schools instil discipline, leadership skills, and academic excellence in students. They prepare young individuals with strong values and character for military careers or civilian life. All these schools are run by the Ministry of Defence, India, and the Army Welfare Educational Society.
How does Edustoke help you with admission?
Parents in India search for the best boarding schools for their children, but this may be laborious for them sometimes. So Edustoke takes this opportunity to combine all schools in a single platform where they get whole information about a school they explore. Whether it is a fee, distance, facilities, board, or faculties, our website allows you to customise your preferences and supply a list of schools that fit your kid. We have the most talented and experienced councillors who advise you on better options based on your criteria and be with you until you finish admission. It is completely charge less where you can get the entire school details. Visit our website, Edustoke, for more information.
Academics and Extracurricular activities
The Boarding schools in Shimla offer a universal education that combines academics with various extracurricular activities. They intend to provide a holistic learning experience for all students. Several boards followed by schools as their choice, but all unconditionally provide unique education and experience. The ratio of all these institutions is smaller, allowing for more personalized attention and interaction between teachers and students. The well-qualified and experienced teachers ensure a high standard of education for all.
Varieties of sports activities, including cricket, football, basketball, tennis, and athletics, are part of the best boarding schools in Shimla. Additionally, the hilly terrain provides opportunities for adventure sports like trekking and outings. Schools encourage students to participate in cultural activities, such as music, dance, drama, and art. These activities promote creativity, self-expression, leadership, and coordination. Most institutions encourage students to engage in debates and discussions and participate in MUN conferences or similar programs to enhance their communication, critical thinking skills, and experiences. Various clubs and community services are also organised as part of their curriculum.
Admission process at the best boarding schools in Shimla
The first step is to visit a particular school's website and fill in all the necessary details. Some schools may provide admission forms at their premises.
You get a confirmed date for the child's test and interview (may vary from school to school). Please prepare your child well before the test.
Submit recommendation letter (optional)
Provide all the documents, such as report card or documents (if applicable), photos and ID (student and parent), TC, and birth certificate.
Confirm your admission by paying your admission fee.