About The School
St. George’s College (Mussoorie), is a premier boarding school in Mussoorie, in the state of Uttarakhand, India, affiliated to the ICSE council. The school, an all-boys residential and non-residential institution, spreading over 400 acres (1.6 km2) of land, was founded in 1853 by the Capuchin Fathers and entrusted to the Society of the Brothers of St. Patrick (Ireland) in 1894. It was opened in a cottage known as Manor House; the name by which the campus is still known. The students are known as Manorites. The school has an alumni network spread across the globe. In 2005, the Indian Air Force gifted the school a trainer jet aircraft, TS-11 Iskra, as a tribute to the distinguished service of the school’s alumni in the armed forces.
Bro. Tomy Varghese
Please Login to see important information
Fee Structure - Day School
Fee Structure -Boarding
Boarding Related Info :
Accommodation Detail :
Mess Facilities :
The student has to undergo a written test in English and Maths up to class VI and English, Maths and Science for classes VII onwards, followed by an interview of child. If the child is shortlisted a final interview is taken by the Principal along with the Parents
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Our school had been declared the eighth best school in nationwide rankings and the fourth among schools in Uttarakhand according to a survey conducted by Education World in 2015. St. George’s College, Mussoorie is now ranked third in the country and second among schools of Uttarakhand in a recent survey conducted by Education World in 2017
Bro. Tomy Varghese is the President of the Association of Schools for Indian School Certificate Examination (ASISC) UP & UK region and the Executive Member and Coordinator of the association of principals for the state of Uttarakhand. He was honoured with the best Principal award in 2013, recognised as ‘Vision UN-SDG Ambassador by Vision Institutions has with the support of UNESCO & RCI, Gov. of India in 2018. Outstanding Achievement award in the field of Education in the year 2016.
- Olympians- Willie G. Cullen, Gold Medalist (Hockey-Amsterdam), Los Angeles Games (1932), Berlin Olympic Games (1936), Ernie J. Cullen, Michael Gateley, Carlyle Carroll Tapsell, George Eric Marthins’ and Lionel C.I. Emmett, Olympic Gold Medalist’s, N. Nugent Bronze Medal, Hockey (Helsinki-1952) Olympic Games, Samuel Harris, participated in Melbourne Olympics (1956).
- Members of Parliament & Politics- Shri Satpal Maharaj - Member of Parliament
- Dr M.S. Gill- Chief Election Commissioner of India (1996-2001), former Union Minister of Youth affairs and Sports, Govt. of India.
- Armed Forces- Air Marshall Denzel Keillor & Wing Commander Trevor Keillor, heroes of the Indo Pak War of 1965, Air Chief Marshall Denis La Fontaine, PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC, Lt. General Anil Bhatt, Director General of Military Operations
- IPS- Raj deep S. Gill, Director General of Police, Punjab (2007 &2009), Anil Raturi, IPS, Additional Director General of Police, Uttarakhand
- Entertainment Industry- Saeed Jaffrey, Cultural Ambassador & Actor, Kanwaljeet Singh, Film & Television Actor, Lucky Ali, Bollywood Singer and Actor, Bhupinder Singh, Film & Television Actor.
Academic Performance | Grade X | ICSE
Academic Performance | Grade XII | ISC
- Dehradun Airport
- Distance : 54 Km.
Nearest Railway Station
- Railway Station Dehradun
- Distance : 29 Km.