When did the school start ?
The Sarala Birla academy founded in 2004 has been named after the late Dr. Sarala Birla, grandmother of Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group.
Where is the school located ?
Spread across 64 acres of sprawling, lush greenery, Sarla Birla Academy is committed to providing wholesome quality education.Located in the busy tech city on the Bannerghatta, Jigani Road in Bangalore there are four boarding houses — Aditya, Bhaskar, Martand and Vivasvan.
Which curriculum does the school follow ?
Sarala Birla Academy affiliated to the State Education Boards, the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
What facilities does the school have ?
Following subjects are the part of learning and teaching by eminent musicians of the music field:
- Piano (Western Classical)
- Sitar (Hindustani Classical)
- Percussion (Congo, Djembe, Octapad, Roto Drums and Darbuka)
- Harmonium (Gayaki Ang in Hindustani classical)
- Guitar (Western classical and Rock music)
- Drums (Western and Indian style )
- Violin (Carnatic classical and light music)
- Vocal (Hindustani Classical )
- Vocal (Western Classical)
- Choir (Indian classical, Western classical and Folk music)
- Keyboard (Indian classical and light music)
- Orchestra (Symphony and Indian classical)
There is also an Art Department that works quietly behind the scenes for various productions of the Dramatic Club, All Round Square Conferences, Music Fest, Inter House One Act Plays and other events assisting with props, banners, stage backdrops, etc. The students actively contribute to the Annual Art and Craft Exhibition which is a showcase of multifarious mediums of the Art Department.