About The School
Foin 1995 by The Williamson Magor Education Trust and spread over a sprawling 95 sylvan hectares, The Assam Valley School aims to prepare children for life and for global citizenship in the twenty first century. The school has been established for the education of both boys and girls from primary through secondary school and it is amongst the top ranking residential schools in India. Its architectural design and its wide range of facilities, not only help the students attain their fullest academic potential, but also pose challenges to them in the equally rich fields of physical, cultural and artistic endeavors. Please visit this link for a 360 degree campus walk through: - http://iviewd.com/avs/
Ms. Sonya Ghandy Mehta, is a graduate in Psychology and Education. After completing her Master's in Special Education from the University of San Diego, USA she has had over 22 years of experience in teaching and administrative responsibilities of which over 12 years have been in Mainstream schools. Previously, Ms. Mehta has been associated with Indus International School, Bangalore, in various capacities for over 8 years; starting from being a teacher to Curriculum Coordinator to Director of Curriculum for the Indus Trust. She has also served as an adjunct faculty to the Indus Training and Research Institute (ITARI) where she taught two modules to trainee teachers as part of the Keele Post Graduate Diploma in International Education (PGDIE) and was the Coordinating Mentor for 2 years. When the Indus International Community School for underprivileged children was setup, she was actively involved in developing the curriculum as well as training the teachers.
Fee Structure - Indian Nationals
Fee Structure - International Students
Building and Infrastructure
Blessed with world class infrastructure and a progressive educational environment, AVS echoes the ethos of twenty-first century education where tradition embraces modernity. In the midst of the extensive play fields and the lush green campus, the school buildings stand aesthetically designed to accommodate the state-of-the art infrastructure to cater to the needs of growing children and exemplify the traditions of local architecture. Please visit this link for a 360 degree campus walk through: - http://iviewd.com/avs/
Boarding / Residential Facilities
Entrance test and Interview
Other Key Information
SOCCER CRICKET BASKETBALL VOLLEYBALL TENNIS SWIMMING HORSE RIDING TEKWONDO ATHLETICS
SQUASH BADMINTON BASKETBALL CHESS TABLE TENNIS FITNESS
- WESTERN INSTRUMENTAL INDIAN INSTRUMENTAL WESTERN VOCAL INDIAN VOCAL DRAMATICS WESTERN DANCE CLASSICAL DANCE FOLK DANCE CONTEMPORARY DANCE Crafts
- WOOD-WORK BAMBOO-WORK WEAVING METAL-WORK GLASS-WORK FURNITURE DESIGN FASHION DESIGN MERCHANDISE DESIGN POP-WORK Hobbies & Clubs
- QUIZZING DEBATING MUN CHESS MUSIC DANCE DRAMATICS ENVIRONMENT ROCK BAND PUBLIC SPEAKING ELOCUTION Visual Arts
- PAINTING DRAWING 3-D PRINTING SKETCHING INSTALLATION POTTERY SCULPTURE
1. High barbed-wire fencing along the entire periphery of the school (5.5 kms) 2. Resident 1.5 sections of AISF 3. Additional private security and lady guards 4. Logging of all entries and exits (manual and biometrics) 5. CCTV in key areas 6. No unauthorized access to the students and facilities
The school has a dedicated Exchange Board which facilitates Exchange Programmes with schools in India and Overseas. The AFS programmes places the students in long term / short term residential, international exchanges.
1. Bhargav Saikia (Film maker) 2. Gaurav Agarwal (Entrepreneur) 3. Janice Pariat (Writer) 4. Rukshana Tabassum (Film maker & Dancer) 5. Mridusmita Das Bora (Dancer), 6. William Richmond (Shillong Chamber Choir), 7. Rishila Jamir (Shillong Chamber Choir), 8. Trisha Bora (Writer)
To create citizens beyond boundaries by building strength of character and preparedness for life, believing that education is the best adventure in a child's life.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
No.1 residential, co-ed school in Eastern India, No. 4 residential, co-ed school in India , No. 1 in India for Infrastructure, No. 1 in India for co-curricular education
It is a popular belief that boarding schools do not produce good results in academics but AVS breaks this myth year after year. The school posted fantastic results in Public Examinations in 2018 with the ICSE Batch consisting of 141 students, scoring an impressive class aggregate of 86.8%. The ISC Batch consisting of 106 students posted even better results with an astounding class aggregate of 89 %. The Science stream topped the charts with an unprecedented class aggregate of 91%, followed close on its heels by Commerece with 90.7% and Humanities with a laudable 87.4%. The students graduating from AVS get admission into some of the best institutions for tertiary education around the world. The school offers a wide range of subjects across all levels. These subjects are divided into Science, Commerce and Humanities streams at the ISC level. The Science Programme offers Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science and Bio-Technology as options. The Commerce Stream offers Accountancy, Commerce, Economics and Business Studies and the Humanities Stream offers History, Political Science, Sociology and Psychology. While the focus at the Upper School level is on Examination Skills and preparing the students for University Courses, the Lower School concentrates on Active Learning and allows the children to be the driving force behind their own learning.
The rich and varied Activity Programme creates wonderful platforms for the budding performers and artists. The school offers more than 30 options across Art, Sculpture, Music, Dance, Dramatics, Craft & Design, Public Speaking, Electronic & Print Media, IT and various other categories. Each year, AVS bags a rich haul of medals at the Pune Music & Dance Fest organized by ABSS across various categories of Dance and Music. The school can be proud of its achievements in IPSC Dramatics, Music, IT and Visual Arts Competitions. To ensure a good environment for training, there is a Craft, Design and Technology Center, an Art Hall, a Pottery and Sculpture Hall, a Photo studio, a Media Center, a Publication Center and separate facilities for Western and Indian Music and Dance. The Social Service League of the school undertakes a number of projects through the year which give the students the opportunity to make valuable contributions to the lesser privileged that live close to the school. Adventure Engagement is an integral part of education at AVS. The school organizes inland and overseas tours to various destinations. AVS is a global member of Round Square which is a worldwide network of innovative schools in 50 countries across 6 continents. The students participate in Round Square Service Projects and Conferences regionally and internationally through the year. The Exchange Board facilitates reciprocal Exchange Programmes with a number of schools and International Exchange Programmes through American Field Service. In recent times, the students have gone on Exchange Programmes to China, Spain and Finland.
The impressive academic programme makes up only one part of the education AVS believes every child should have access to and the school is committed to providing the students with a holistic education by promoting sports, cultural pursuit, adventure and social service. Believing that a school is only as good as the quality of opportunities it offers to its students, the school constantly endeavors to create such possibilities where the students can explore and express themselves. The school has had phenomenal success in terms of achievements in Sports and Cultural pursuit. At AVS, Sports is a way of life and the school is blessed with some outstanding athletes. The high level of achievement in Soccer, Tennis, Swimming, Archery, Squash, Track & Field, Taekwondo, Equestrian events and Cricket Championships is a testimony to the diligent work put in by the students and their coaches. Many of the young achievers have been drafted into IPSC Teams and they have had the exposure of participating at National Level Championships organized by School Games Federation of India. These achievements are a result of an unparalleled Sports infrastructure which includes a swimming pool, a Riding School, synthetic tennis courts, indoor basketball and badminton courts, a separate facility for cricket with modern equipment, four large football fields, a 400-meter track, a marathon course, a driving range for golf and an archery range among other facilities. Each major sport has a dedicated coach to hone the skills of the students.
- AVS is a young institution having very young Alumni and yet, they have started getting recognition for their work around the world in the fields of Literature, Journalism, Economics, Performing Arts, Sports and Social Service. AVS is a great institution in the making and its vision, work culture and value system will certainly produce confident, successful and compassionate citizens beyond boundaries.
- The Academic Programme of the school is well-supported by the facilities provided to the teachers and students. The Main School Building houses the aesthetically designed classrooms and laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, ICT and Bio-Technology. The school encourages the use of modern technology in its teaching learning systems and to support that, each classroom is equipped with Smartboards and Wi-Fi connectivity. The assignments are given to the students aim at promoting research, collaboration and team-work. The school has a state-of-the library having 19,600 Titles and subscription to 56 magazines and 14 newspapers.
- The resident Life Skill Counselor and the Child Protection Officer are always around to help the students. The school has developed a Life Skill Training Program in association with a Pediatric Counselor in accordance to the Ten Core Life Skills established by World Health Organization.
- The school conducts a number of in-house and outsourced workshops for its students and teachers through the year in order to imbibe global best practices in education. Initiatives such as Mindspark, Abacus, Science Adda and Design-n-Experiment make learning interesting and purposeful. The students participate and excel in competitive events such as Australian National Chemistry quiz, KVPY, NCO, NSO and NTSE. The classes are divided into sections with each section having an average of 25 to 28 students thus providing for individual specific attention. A globally competitive Teacher-Taught ratio of 1:9, a well-structured Remedial Programme, and a dedicated facility for Special Education Needs ensure that no child is left behind in academics.
Academic Performance | Grade X | ICSE
Academic Performance | Grade XII | ISC
- Tezpur Airport
- Distance : 15 Km.
Nearest Railway Station
- balipura railwat station
- Distance : 14 Km.